The home buying process can often be stressful, but it doesn’t have to be that way. We’ve put together a few helpful guidelines to help keep you on track throughout the process.
First, let’s start with the two main things you should focus on doing.
- Stay current on your existing home loan or rental agreement
- Contact your mortgage advisor with any questions- we’re always happy to help!
Next, let’s take a look at all the things that you want to avoid doing.
- Change jobs, become self-employed or quit your job
- Buy a car
- Use credit cards excessively or let current accounts fall behind
- Spend money you have set aside for closing costs
- Omit debts or liabilities from your application
- Buy furniture
- Originate any inquiries into your credit
- Make large cash deposits without checking with your mortgage advisor
- Change bank accounts
- Co-sign a loan for anyone
Considering applying for mortgage loan? We’d love to talk!