When every penny counts, a Core Health Savings Checking Account is a smart way to pay for qualifying medical expenses. Our HSAs let you access pre-tax dollars from a fund you create to pay for qualified medical expenses for you and your dependents, such as eligible physician visits, prescriptions, dental treatment, vision care and corrective lenses or surgery, hospitalization, certain medical equipment, and other items. This is an interest bearing account with a $25 opening fee. Consult the IRS website www.irs.gov for full, current listings.
Ask a Banker about the contribution rules for the current tax year. Contributions can be made until April 15 of the following year for your prior year medical expenses.
(consult your tax advisor)
- HSA contributions are tax deductible
- HSA assets are never taxed if used for qualified medical expenses
- Unused contributions can be applied to future medical expenses
WHO IS ELIGIBLE TO PARTICIPATE?
You are an eligible individual if you:
- Are covered under an HDHP as defined by the IRS in Publication 969 at www.irs.gov
- Are not entitled to benefits under Medicare
- Are not able to be claimed as a dependent on another person’s tax return
Questions, or just love reading fine print? Visit www.irs.gov
To open a Core Health Savings Checking Account today,
stop by any Core Bank location or call 402 333 9100 to learn more.