World Kindness Day, celebrated each year on November 13, is a global movement dedicated to paying-it-forward and focusing on the good. In the spirit of Core Bank’s culture, vision and mission, Core Bank employees were each offered $5 to spread kindness within the community and among co-workers.
Acts of kindness usually bring a smile to everyone involved. And smiles are contagious – so we’d like to share with you a few of our employees’ favorite stories from World Kindness Day.
• With scarves, mittens, hats and coats in hand, a group of thoughtful employees tied the items to trees at the Gene Leahy Mall to help those without shelter stay warm this winter.
• Four Bel Air Banking Center employees waited at the nearby bus stop to provide morning riders with $5 to brighten their day. The kindness recipients were surprised and grateful for the thoughtful act.
• Involving her children in the day’s events, one employee took her young sons to an Assisted Living Center to pass out carnations and sweet drawings from her little budding artists.
Several employees decided to combine their money together to create a larger act of kindness.
• At the Food Bank for the Heartland, every one dollar received can provide three meals. With their combined $25 donation, a group of Maple Banking Center employees were able provide 75 meals for those in need. Way to go!
• The Ashland Animal Shelter, run solely on donations throughout the year, was the recipient of the Ashland Banking Center employees’ combined World Kindness Day funds.
Part of Core Bank’s mission manifesto reads, “We are a community first and foremost of friends and neighbors, and partners in making life just a little bit better.” Core Bank’s employee participation in World Kindness Day is a true representation of who we are as your community bank.