In recognition of National Homeownership Month, Core Bank and the Independent Community Bankers of America (ICBA) are encouraging current and prospective homeowners to consult their trusted local community banker about how to make the homebuying process easier and more affordable.
Owning a home is a major financial undertaking and can be an important component in building generational wealth. We want to make what can be a protracted and complex process as effortless as possible and can walk you through what to expect so you can assess your needs and find suitable options to finance a home of your own. Whether you are refinancing or purchasing your home, Core Bank can help you determine:
- The ideal loan amount and products to meet your budget considerations. We can review the mortgage process in detail and flag ideal programs and loan features.
- How mortgage rates, the loan amount, property taxes and insurance premiums affect payments. This will help you set a home budget to help you manage your homeownership expenses.
- Your rights and obligations under your mortgage contract. Today’s consumers have many financing options—each with unique stipulations outlined in the fine print.
- Suitable government-sponsored programs. In addition to federal homeownership and home-buying assistance programs, we can recommend state, local government, and specialty programs for consideration. Learn more about the First-Time Home Buyers Federal Home Loan Bank (FHLB Grant).
- Additional resources to help you create a budget and set financial targets. We offer homebuyer seminars and other helpful resources. Free online educational tools can also be found at hud.gov.
“For many Americans, homeownership helps establish community ties, create financial stability, and build a nest egg in your golden years,” said ICBA President and CEO Rebeca Romero Rainey. “As relationship lenders, your local community bank can provide a lending hand to help shepherd you through the process and improve your outlook as an informed buyer.”
At Core Bank, our team is dedicated to helping you find the right mortgage. Our team can guide you through the home-buying process with ease. Meet our team and get started today!
The Independent Community Bankers of America® creates and promotes an environment where community banks flourish. ICBA is dedicated exclusively to representing the interests of the community banking industry and its membership through effective advocacy, best-in-class education, and high-quality products and services.
With nearly 50,000 locations nationwide, community banks constitute roughly 99 percent of all banks, employ nearly 700,000 Americans and are the only physical banking presence in one in three U.S. counties. Holding more than $5.8 trillion in assets, over $4.9 trillion in deposits, and more than $3.5 trillion in loans to consumers, small businesses and the agricultural community, community banks channel local deposits into the Main Streets and neighborhoods they serve, spurring job creation, fostering innovation and fueling their customers’ dreams in communities throughout America. For more information, visit ICBA’s website at www.icba.org.